THE INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE (ISL) — THE INAUGURAL SEASON 2020
In October and November 2020, in the midst of a global pandemic, male and female swimmers competed to win points (not medals or times) for their clubs in 10 regular season matches, 2 semifinal matches, featuring 8 of the strongest teams, and a final, featuring the 4 strongest teams.
A match consisted of two 2-hour sessions held over two days with four teams competing. The match-winning club was determined based on the points total of each club at the end of the second session. The program on each day included events for both female and male athletes. The coach of each team picked two athletes to take part in each event. Athletes earned points for their teams. The overall points result for each team was the total number of points won over the two days.
SCHEDULE AND CLUB RESULTS
WORLD RECORDS SET
- Caeleb Dressel, 100 I.M. – 49.28
- Caeleb Dressel, 100 Butterfly – 47.78
- Adam Peaty, 100 Breaststroke – 55.41
- Kliment Kolesnikov, 100 Backstroke – 48.58
- Cali Condors Women’s 400 Medley Relay – 3:44.52
- Kira Toussaint, 50 Backstroke – 25.60
- Adam Peaty, 100 Breaststroke – 55.49
- Caeleb Dressel, 100 I.M. – 49.88